Permissions issues can occur if Drive Bender is unable to modify the security of object on the underlying drives. To rectify this, you may need to manually update these settings. Perform the following actions to each of the underlying drives in the pool.
a) Map a drive letter to the drive (see the following on how to do this - http://support.drivebender.com/entries/23179757-How-do-I-map-a-drive-letter-to-one-of-the-drive-in-the-pool-)
b) Selecting the mount point base folder, update the permissions as required (note if you are having issues with a specific folder under the pool, drill down to that specific folder and update it's permissions).
c) Right-click and open the folder properties, then select the security tab. From here you can add/remove users, or take ownership of files or folders.
d) To take ownership of these files, do the following
- Right-click the file or folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab (completed in step d).
- Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.
- Click Edit, and then do one of the following:
- To change the owner to a user or group that is not listed, click Other users and groups and, in Enter the object name to select (examples), type the name of the user or group, and then click OK.
- To change the owner to a user or group that is listed, in the Change owner to box, click the new owner.
- To change the owner of all subcontainers and objects within the tree, select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.